Saturday, March 3, 2007

Test blog from mobile phone

Please welcome Sandy to my blog!

I adopted Sandy (or Sandy adopted me) in August of 2004. This is his story:

I was hanging around the Heasley cottage in Kitty Hawk, NC. When these little kids started to play with me, I decided that this would be a good place to spend some time. That night after dark the kids went to bed and this big guy started swinging on the porch swing. I decided to jump up on the swing and sit beside him. As soon as he started to pet me I knew I had him.

The next morning he gave me some water and I decided he would be a good companion. Later that day the family fed me some turkey and I was hooked. The big guy showed me his bedroom and let me take a nap on his bed. Since my little kitty feet had a little sand on them and some of it ended up on the big guy’s sheets he decided to call me Sandy. In the afternoon the big guy took me for a short ride in his car. That night he bought me some real cat food and I was really starting to like this guy.

One Monday morning we took a drive to McDonalds so the big guy could get some breakfast. He then loaded our stuff in the car and we headed out for a long drive. I had a great time running around the car. I turned on the windshield wipers, the emergency flashers, and the radio! I also stepped on this little button that made the window go down. The big guy laid me on the passenger seat when I tried to steer the car. I kept trying to help him drive and he kept putting me on the passenger seat.

When we stopped for lunch the big guy put a container with a big towel on the passenger seat. I decided to let him drive the car and took a nap on his lap. I also sat on his shoulders as you can see from the picture I’ve attached. Eventually I took a long nap on the big soft towel while the big guy continued to drive.

Late that afternoon we arrived at this house in the woods. I get to run all over the house when the big guy is home and he still lets me sleep on his bed. I am really starting to like this new place and the big guy is treating me very well. (Signed Sandy-August 2004)

No comments: